At the beginning of November I predicted a few things that would get accomplished on the ever evolving to-do list.
We spent Thanksgiving Day with just our son and his wife. Although we invited quite a few other people everyone ended up celebrating with their own kinfolk which is always a blessing.
- Chesapeake Roasted Turkey
- Herbed bread dressing
- Cranberry sauce
- Candied sweet potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Cauliflower with cheese sauce
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
- Pumpkin pie with whipped cream
Enough frivolity, now for the project list:
1. We finished painting the exterior of the house.
3. As soon as the tile is laid and grouted, we’ve signed with the plumber to install the shower fixtures in both new bathrooms. This should have happened in November but alas, it did not.
4. The bookshelves in the master bedroom are in the same state of undone as they were at the beginning of the month.
5. I finished writing all the narration for two Christmas programs which hangs over my head until it is printed on paper.
6. After Thanksgiving I started working on the dining room wallpaper again.
7. And Charlie finished a few details in the bathrooms to get them totally ready for the tile setter. I’m making book on whether he will actually show up in December.
8. Charlie planted four hydrangea cuttings that had been recently rooted — 3 in front of the house and one near the back steps.
My plan to take the month off from renovation projects is not very realistic at this point. If I can finish wallpapering in the next 2 weekends, I’m hoping to have a small party some time between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
What’s your favorite party dish?