My sister has a magnificent Red Wing vintage pottery collection.
On the other hand I have a few pieces of my own.
I also have a large set of dinnerware in the Merrileaf pattern.
As I was perusing eBay I saw a set of cups and saucers. I already have lots of saucers but wanted to add a few more cups.
For a bid of $9.38 I received 8 cups and 7 saucers. For comparison Replacements, Inc. charges $9.99 for one cup and saucer set. Everything came well-packed as indeed it should for an extra shipping charge of $20.
After painting the base cabinets, a white enamel towel bar (also from Ikea) is hanging on the side of those cabinets. I also provided a small stainless steel shelf from Ikea that I had hoped to use somewhere. It’s now a coffee station (over the toaster oven).
Notice the induction heater burner near the window. It works well as a cooktop.
I’m sure there will be a couple more improvements upcoming. Can you guess?
On Saturday morning the tenant decided to paint the base cabinets white. She started with a primer coat.
Using a foam roller, the second, third, and even fourth coats were painted with special cabinet paint. I got a text with the photo above asking how it looked.
I said I needed to see it in person. I was bluntly truthful and said the stark white cabinet paint didn’t go well with the top cabinets and didn’t look great against the sofa.
One issue is that a foam roller gives such a thin layer of paint that a piece painted with one often needs multiple multiple coats. The other thing is that the upper cabinets are creamier white than the bottom ones.
I suggested that I take the paint and tint it with some of my leftover paint. I added some Edgecomb Gray and Waterbury Cream which slightly warmed up the cool-tone white paint.
Unfortunately the tenant needed to paint a couple more coats of the new tint.
It’s looking much better. I also suggested that in a couple of weeks when the paint is cured the cabinets should be waxed. I think waxing would create a sheen similar to the upper cabinets.