Additionally all sorts of wild animals visit: deer, rabbits, ground hogs, squirrels, raccoons, etc.
I received a phone call from Dash’s vet that said his specimen showed that he has been eating too many bunny balls. Hmmm.
Other visitors include large domestic animals like the neighbor’s goat.
We decided to get a dog run not just for Dash but also for a new puppy named Rory which we are picking up on June 16th.
The 5 foot by 10 foot kennel was delivered from Lowes. We decided to order the style with pre-assembled panels as opposed to poles that are wrapped with chain link fencing. If we decide it needs to be larger we can order another set and insert the panels.
It went up in a flash.
The last detail was to attach the shade cover with zip ties which came with the kit.
A few years ago Charlie took apart an old fence that a neighbor was having replaced. He (we) salvaged the wood because I was intending to use it to rebuild our fence which had been knocked down by a fallen tree.
I asked Charlie to pull out some pieces for me (I’m not climbing in there) so I could make 2 planters for the front of the potager. Unfortunately there was wood enough for only one but I made it as a prototype since I was using plans from Ana White’s blog but intended to change them a little.
I basically built a planter all by myself in one morning using my new tools. It takes a super-strong person, however, to move it so naturally I asked Charlie to take it outside for me. I wanted to put the boxwood in it but proportionately this planter is waaayy toooooo biiiggg, instead it’s just perfect for a small (olive) tree.
I still intend to build 2 planters for the front of the potager but they will be smaller. I like the way this one looks and I’ll use it as a model.
I didn’t get much accomplished yesterday, just a few odds and ends.
Actually nothing was finished but I did start a few things.
I gave two coats of paint to the trim on window #10 and the double window.
While I was working on window #10 I decided I would also wash the window. When I went to clean the inside of the storm window I wanted to lower the top sash of the inside window which then dropped really fast and smashed my thumb between the two sashes. No photos since I soaked my poor, sore, bleeding thumb in a glass of ice water. I’m guessing that the counterweight (inside the wall) has come loose from the upper sash which makes opening this particular window very perilous.
I also removed, scrubbed, rinsed, and replaced the screen.
As I was admiring my paint job Charlie and I started talking about how the front yard is going to change.
For one thing the brick path is being removed and the new centrally located porch will come out into the yard more than the current one.
I think the lamp post will stay where it is but I took a saw to a section of the fence.
I also drew some rough plans for the kitchen island which I developed from a design on Ana White’s blog. I’m not quite ready to build yet but I do know I’ll need a power miter saw and a Kreg jig.