I’m a slacker. I did exactly what I wanted in June and got very little accomplished. And I all but forgot about my to-do list. Everything on the list is something I must personally:
- do or
- pay for or
I made a few accomplishments not on the list like:
- pinning down the shower waterproofing installer to the 3rd week in July.
- exchanging the wrong trim for the right stuff with the lumber yard and getting a full refund.
- eating fresh vegetables from the garden.
- fixing the piano bench.
- meeting Jessica from Cape of Dreams.
- fixing two clocks.
- fixing my bedside lamp.
- buying a new duvet cover.
The list I was actually supposed to accomplish follows:
- Paint and set up potager fence – Between the rain and the heat I have hardly stepped outside.
Buy wallpaper or fabric for dining room
- Paint dining room paneling – Put on back burner until the new wallpaper is in place.
Paint TV trays
- Prime and paint linen closet – On the next clear day I’ll set up the paint sprayer and git ‘er done now that the paint is mixed.
Mix paint for linen closet– I chose a Benjamin Moore swatch called “Secret” and mixed a close match with surplus paint in a semi-gloss finish.
- Arrange bedroom furniture
- Hang pictures in upstairs hall
- Paint yellow trays
Find pale pink cotton king-sized sheets for a reasonable price . Design book shelves –Paint and install bookshelves in master bedroom.
- Trim island toe kick and
- Varnish shoes molding
- Paint trim with spray painter
- Install trim
- Stain the back stairs to the conservatory
- Buy exterior paint for the shingles
Door knobs for the new doors
- Take the road trip postponed from April.
This unfinished list will move into July. Charlie, of course, is ever-committed to his garden so we are eating fresh cucumbers and French beans. How do you get through the dog days of summer?