At the beginning of November I predicted a few things that would get accomplished on the ever evolving to-do list.
The dining room table looks fairly bare until we loaded it up with bowls and plates of food.
We spent Thanksgiving Day with just our son and his wife. Although we invited quite a few other people everyone ended up celebrating with their own kinfolk which is always a blessing.
I arranged white roses with yard clippings of pine, boxwood, and holly.
- Chesapeake Roasted Turkey
The turkey was rubbed with a spice mix including “Old Bay”.
The turkey pan drippings made rich gravy.
- Herbed bread dressing
- Cranberry sauce
- Candied sweet potatoes
- Mashed potatoes
- Cauliflower with cheese sauce
- Roasted Brussels sprouts
After roasting the Brussels sprouts were tossed with balsamic vinegar.
- Pumpkin pie with whipped cream
Enough frivolity, now for the project list:
The siding for the entire exterior of the house is painted “Sandy Hook Gray”.
1. We finished painting the exterior of the house.
The tile installation is scheduled for
November December — let’s get started!
2. The bathrooms were scheduled to be tiled in November. We had to start over finding a new tile setter. So the bathrooms are still untiled.
I signed a contract with the plumber who will install shower fixtures if the tile ever gets laid.
3. As soon as the tile is laid and grouted, we’ve signed with the plumber to install the shower fixtures in both new bathrooms. This should have happened in November but alas, it did not.
The left-hand side of the bedroom bookshelves has been built and set in place.
4. The bookshelves in the master bedroom are in the same state of undone as they were at the beginning of the month.
5. I finished writing all the narration for two Christmas programs which hangs over my head until it is printed on paper.
I’m working my way around the dining room with blue wallpaper. Planning on finishing before Christmas.
6. After Thanksgiving I started working on the dining room wallpaper again.
Charlie added cement board to the bathroom knee walls.
7. And Charlie finished a few details in the bathrooms to get them totally ready for the tile setter. I’m making book on whether he will actually show up in December.
Charlie planted 3 oak leaf hydrangeas near the front of the house.
8. Charlie planted four hydrangea cuttings that had been recently rooted — 3 in front of the house and one near the back steps.
My plan to take the month off from renovation projects is not very realistic at this point. If I can finish wallpapering in the next 2 weekends, I’m hoping to have a small party some time between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
What’s your favorite party dish?