Yesterday we built the remaining boxes and installed them in the gap on the top of the towers.
Like the other boxes they are made from 3/4-inch plywood, 21 inches deep, and backed with luan.
We made long skinny boxes which sit on top of the tall towers.
At the end of the run we made shorter cabinets that coincide with the towers near the window on each side.
The closet is now usable but still needs finishing:
- Connect the boxes together.
- Trim the baseboard around the room.
- Trim the window and inside of the door.
- Make face frames for the boxes.
- Add drawers to the area under the closed cabinet.
- Hang curtains.
- Stain the doors.
- Touch up the paint.
Do your projects seem to go on forever?