When we renovated the house we added a master bathroom and walk-in closet addition to the master bedroom. We changed the entrance to the bedroom and added a second-floor deck directly off the bedroom accessed by French doors.
I love this space!
We have a number of tasks to finish before it becomes the serene, restful, uncluttered place I have always wanted.
1. Finish the inside of the master closet.
2. Refinish the king-sized sleigh bed.
3. Stain the closet doors and add interior pulls.
4. Finish the bookshelves.
5. Have membrane roof material put on the deck and a railing built around it.
6. Hang curtains or shades.
7. Get rugs for hall, closet, and bathroom.
8. Attach and paint all trim.
9. Refinish tall chest or get rid of it if it is no longer necessary.
10. Paint and refinish reading chair or get a different one.
11. Get a stool for dressing table and refinish the dressing table.
12. Sort through clothes and linens and get rid of anything no longer useful.
That’s a dozen major tasks which I will give us 3 years to totally finish.
Blessed Maundy Thursday. The Maundy, mandatum, mandate: “Love one another as I have loved you.”
Do you have a 2-year, 5-year, 10-year plan?