I finally bit the bullet and called the lumber yard for our closet lumber. It’s being delivered today.
The amounts are:
- 13 sheets of 3/4″ by 4′ x 8′ AC pine plywood
- 6 sheets of 1/4″ by 4′ x 8′ luan
- 6 pieces of 2″ x 6″ x 10′ pine
The lumber costs $694. I made a cut list of sorts and am hoping I figured everything our correctly.
I had a choice of MDF or plywood and chose the wood for these reasons:
- Wood joins together more securely with pocket screws than MDF.
- Wood is not as dusty to cut.
- Wood is lighter.
The updated design features fewer but larger sections.
- Foam roller
- Brads for the pneumatic nailer
- Pocket screws and jig
We have everything on hand except the foam rollers and brads which I will purchase tomorrow.
Are you building something?