I’m a little nervous about next week’s surprise party because I work Monday through Friday.
I’m making a detailed timeline so I, too, can enjoy the party once it starts.
I have a menu of sorts which will be filled in with desserts by some of the attendees.
- Beef stew
- Chicken noodle soup
- Homemade croutons
- Vegetable plate with hummus
- Chopped salad fixings: lettuce, eggs, avocado, craisins, slivered almonds, cherry tomatoes, chicken breast, shredded cheese.
- Beverages: Glade Fizz, Coffee, Tea
The original Glade Fizz (which I invented so I should know) is about one (1) part chilled cran-grape to three (3) parts chilled gingerale . You may add ice if you desire.
But I also need a birthday cake so I ordered it last night. The think I’m expecting about 20 people — give or take so quarter sheet cake should be sufficient.
Thursday: Order cake.
Friday: Go shopping for soup making supplies and staples.
- Make chicken broth and freeze.
- Make ahead any food possible.
- Declutter and dust and vacuum downstairs.
Sunday: Finish any cleaning and organizing left from Saturday.
Monday: Iron tablecloths and set out decorations.
Tuesday: Make Beef Stew.
Wednesday: Set out all dishes for the party. Including glasses and coffee cups.
Thursday: Final shopping for salad fixings and fresh food items, including fresh flowers.
Before work: Prep salad fixings and chicken soup vegetables.
- Pick up the cake on the way home.
- Set up salad and soup bar.
- Light candles.
Guests arriving at 7.
What have I forgotten?