It did rain all day last Saturday but I got some of my extensive list finished or, at least, started anyway.
We are moving our stored belongings from the Cottage little by little. I’m trying to whittle down the big items that I can’t carry alone. With some help I cleared out the left-hand corner above of miter saw, workbench, and old doors. Yesterday Charlie and the Cottage carpenter carried the king-size headboard and footboard back over to the house.
Listed here is the progress I made on my oversized list for the past weekend. Green is finished; red is waiting to be work on.
- Put shoe molding in conservatory. The angle at the inside corners is 45 degrees. The end-of-run angle is 22.5 degrees beveled in.
- Cut and apply base trim to the bottom of the linen closet. The grey cabinet had a piece of trim along the bottom that I shorted to fit wall-to-wall. Refer here to see the before.
3. Wash, iron, and replace the slipcovers in the conservatory.
4. Determine casing and trim needs and place an order at the local lumber yard. I’d prefer not to have a big surplus left over and don’t want to have more than one delivery so I’m trying to make the best estimate I can which might take a while.
5. List new items on Craigslist. I listed no new items but I’m eager to take photos of some stuff and to take the time to describe it in an attractive way.
6. Measure bookshelf wall to assess cornice and trim needs. This just didn’t happen.
7. Move bed from Cottage. Now it’s in the conservatory waiting for redesign and paint.
8. Move doors from Cottage. Three vintage doors and 2 closet doors for the laundry room have been moved to the porch. Our porch is starting to look like a salvage dump.
9. Clear small junk from side porch. We cleared the small junk only to replace it with bigger junk.
10. Move oak chest of drawers to conservatory and hook up television. I saved this until after I nail down the shoe molding in the conservatory so I don’t have to climb behind it.
11. Put baseboard and shoe molding on conservatory closet. I cut 1 by 4 base then topped it with ogee molding. The entire surround was edged with shoe molding.
12. Surform the upstairs doors. Maybe next weekend.
13. Paint bedroom doors. Maybe next weekend.
14. Wash old jeans for a special project. Special project planned for November 12th.
With a little help, I executed half the list so I’m happy. I can’t wait to tell you all about the special project.
Are you gearing up for some autumn entertainment?