I renamed our to-do list for Glade Cottage from the sub-Master list to a clean sweep. The idea of the clean sweep was to get a jump on projects for
2013 2014 2015 2016 in the Cottage. In this post I have removed all projects that had been completed prior to 2016.
The goal is to make the Cottage liveable, that is, clear out all the in-progress projects, clear out extraneous furniture, have all the systems (heating, plumbing, air conditioning, etc.) working optimally.
My friend has started cleaning and buffing the floor.
Also bit by bit the ceiling and woodwork are being painted.
The Cottage Clean Sweep File
Paint wooden lamp and find a shade
- Paint standing shell lamp (has been moved to the house)
- Paint and repair shade on double desk lamp (listed on Craigslist)
Repair drafting table (I just noticed my parallel rule has been damaged.)
- Repair drafting lamp (This lamp works great. Maybe it just needs to be painted.)
Paint 2nd half of ceiling (The left side of the Cottage ceiling has been painted white.)
- Refinish floor (Waxing and buffing are being done in lieu of true refinishing.)
- Finish floor seam under bathroom sink
Get mice deterrents (Mice traps are an on-going task especially in winter.) Remove boxes of old papers from attic (Charlie loves to keep paper.) Build lean-to shed for lawn mower, power washer and generator
- Move lumber
- Assign a place for mirrors (The mirrors are duly assigned.)
- Pack up or sell dishes and glasses (We just uncovered 21 punch cups.)
- Pack up or sell old silver pieces
Can’t wait to get
What’s on your agenda of unnecessary tasks?