We have NOT been getting projects finished at The Glade.
This week, however, we’re trying to check items off the list.
Charlie has set up the tree service to cut down and cut up our big, dead oak for this afternoon.
Meanwhile I’m making a master plan of how to clear the sub-floors that we hope will be floored on the weekend.
- Hang 2 lighting fixtures in the bathroom.
- Make room in the back bedroom for Charlie’s highboy and move it there.
- Move building supplies and cabinet out of the master bedroom hallway into the bedroom.
- Move all clothes and cabinets out of the master closet into the master bedroom.
- Move all furniture from the conservatory into the dining room.
- Move the flooring lumber from the living room into the dining room.
- Unbury the chop saw in the Cottage bring it to the house.
That list alone should ruin my week.
I sold the mid-century dresser in the Cottage. Now we have a nice empty space.
In the mean time my future tenant is filling holes and spackling cracks in the Cottage. The plan is to paint the unpainted ceiling which has already been spot painted with Kilz.
Speaking of the Cottage we are also resigning our pre-pay propane contract. The Cottage has a propane water heater and furnace. The house has a propane water heater and stove. Since the Cottage has been closed up for a couple of years we know we will be using more propane than recently. Charlie is negotiating that contract which we’re hoping will be even less this year due to posted propane prices.
Do you negotiate?