I am on a rampage to get rid of stuff.
One thing that I have recently signed up for is Ruth Soukup’s Unstuffed 10-Day Challenge.
Among my belongings I found an unused journal that I’ll be gifting to my dear friend. She is a beautiful writer but has never tried keeping a journal. I think she’ll be surprised just how inspiring her writing is.
Finally, Charlie and I have set the date, May 7th, for a Book Swap. The inside of the invitation reads like this:
Is anyone else out there struggling with clutter including perfectly good BOOKS? Everyone has books at his/her home that he/she would hate to throw away but really doesn’t want anymore. In honor of the culmination of “Teacher Appreciation Week”, May 7, 2016, Charlie and Jo invite you to a book swap where you can bring your old books and walk away with some new reads. The books should be in good condition but can be of any genre including children’s books.
1. Each person should bring no more than 10 books that you didn’t want to throw away but are ready to part with.
2. On the day of the swap bring your books and pile them in front of the sign that closest fits the category of your book.
3. When everyone has deposited his/her books on the surface provided you can check out the selection.
4. You will be given a signal to grab as many books as you brought to a maximum of 10.
5. Unclaimed books are fair game for anyone who would like them.
6. All leftover books will be donated to The Book Thing of Baltimore where anyone can go and help himself to free books (description follows).
Refreshments will be served!
Are you ready to get rid of some books?