Before anything else: HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHARLIE!! Have a wonderful day and a super-charged year.
Now onto blog business: I renamed our to-do list for Glade Cottage from the sub-Master list to a clean sweep. The idea of the clean sweep was to get a jump on projects for
2013 2014 2015 2016 in the Cottage.
The goal is to make the Cottage liveable, that is, clear out all the in-progress projects, clear out extraneous furniture, have all the systems (heating, plumbing, air conditioning, etc.) working optimally.
I had been thinking we might rent the cottage or use it ourselves during the renovation of the house. Now I have a new marvelous but potentially risky idea that includes the Cottage. I’m keeping it under wraps for the moment.
The Cottage Clean Sweeep File
Finish refinishing tall chest of drawers and remove from cottage
- Paint wooden lamp and find a shade
- Paint standing shell lamp
- Paint and repair shade on double desk lamp
Paint and find a shade for ceramic lamp
- Repair drafting table
- Repair drafting lamp
Get rid of foam peanuts Get rid of old blankets
- Paint 2nd half of ceiling
- Refinish floor
- Finish floor seam under bathroom sink
Remove ceiling drop coth
- Get mice deterrents
Refinish vintage lawn furniture Organize paint
- Remove boxes of old papers from attic
Hang curtain over window with air conditioner
- Build lean-to shed for lawn mower, power washer and generator
Move metal shelving from shed to Cottage laundry Get rid of old clothes
- Move lumber and sheetrock
Recover 2nd black card table Recover old folding chair
- Redo rolling barrel chair
- Assign a place for mirrors
- Pack up or sell dishes and glasses
- Pack up or sell old silver pieces
Clean old papers from safe Open then get rid of outside safe
Can wait to get
What’s on your agenda of unnecessary tasks?