The plan for February was to lay floors in the master suite and conservatory. Or at least buy the supplies. Maybe just look at the options.
The conservatory needs 238 square feet of red oak. The bedroom closet and hall need 145 square feet of pine.
None of the above was accomplished in February partially because I decided I wanted to have tea parties .
And there are still some items from January’s list which remain only partially finished. We need to hook up the plumbing to the sinks in the master bathroom and then hang the lighting fixtures.
Even though not much progress was made on house projects, I am glad we decided to have friends over. They certainly buoyed my spirits and encouraged me that what we have accomplished thus far is worthwhile.
Here’s what we did in February NOT on the list:
- Bought 2 small mirrors.
- Decorated the mantel.
- Decorated seashells with a Sharpie.
- Gathered and organized income tax information and sent it to our accountant.
- Purchased and installed new knobs and pulls on the linen closet.
- Sealed the marble bathroom countertop and the granite island in the kitchen.
- Pruned and fertilized the olive trees.
- Hung a towel bar on a tiled wall.
- Set the vanity cabinet in place in the master bathroom.
- Painted an old wastebasket.
So I did do a few things but, as per usual, got off track a bit. Good thing I’m not a train engineer.
What did you do last month?