You can read about the Master List we’ve been working on for the past couple of years and our progress here. Last year I decluttered the list itself. And now I’ve removed anything that has been accomplished before 2015, retaining things that still need work, and adding projects that require finishing or are just plain FUN. (Our room by room to-do list is here.)
Projects to Do:
- 1. Paint green vanity
- 2. Pump up curb appeal with landscaping upgrades
- 3. Make a cushion for the piano bench.
- 4. Move former back door to laundry
- 5. Clean closet in Treetops room
Clean and paint side porch door.
- 7. Paint master bedroom door.
Strip andrepaint front door.
- 9. Scrape, sand and paint back bedroom door. Repair jamb.
- 10. Lighting for walk-in closet
- 11. Clean floor in cottage
- 12. Paint trim in pink bedroom
- 13. Refinish floor in laundry and cottage
- 14. Replace trim in laundry
- 15. Finish closet in laundry
- 16. Lighting for master bath
- √17. Vanity and sink for master bath (choose style).
- 18. Refinish my tall dresser
- 19. Check interior shutters for size
- 20. Think about bedroom curtains
- 21. Make living room curtains
- √22. Paint bedroom
- √23. Paint new closet
- √24. Think about dining room décor
- 25. Finish cushions in DR
- 26. Paint all the trim in the house
- 27. Paint wood trim on exterior of house
- 28. Paint dining room table and chairs to use in the kitchen or Craigslist current set and buy something more size appropriate (Go to Red Hen’s blog for great inspiration)
- 29. Check out overstock.com, Lumber Liquidator, and wood place for flooring
- √30. Pick tile for bathroom
- √31. Get rid of rubble pile
- 32. Decide where every lamp goes
- 33. Consider terrace or deck
- 34. Decide where mirrors go
- 35. Decide where art work goes
- 36. Get rid of art that does not suit
- √37. Paint hallway
- √38. Paint stair risers
- 39. Paint design on stair walls
- 40. Hang photo gallery in upstairs hall
- 41. Put shelves in pink room and paint stunning color at back of shelves
- 42. Clean basement and add utility shelves under the steps.
- 43. Design garden plan for back of yard behind the cottage.
- 44. Open an Etsy shop.
- √45. Paint house exterior
- 46. Paint exterior shutters
I’d better print off this list so I can get started.
Do you have a long list for spring?