On August 12th of 2014 I began my new list of 101 tasks that I would like to complete in 1001 days for the third time. (First list ended 11/13/2011, second list 8/11/2014) until May 9, 2017. Christmas Day 2015 marks the halfway point of the list time wise so I thought I should monitor just how much, if any, progress I have made. Completed items are marked “Complete!“ with the date of completion.
I have a mini goal list to finish before the end of 2015 which is going to stretch my resources but here it is:
#7 Have a party. I know I will be getting a whole ham from work which Charlie and I will not be able to consume on our own.
#22 Say “yes” to everything for a day. I have tried this a couple of times and found that I just could not finish the day without a negative answer. This shouldn’t be so hard.
#33 Start sorting through my wardrobe which is sprawled out 3 three rooms. I have a dress I made in college — 40 years ago — do you think I’ll wear it again?
#38 Make a photo album of my mother.
#71 Finish the bedroom bookshelves. Unfortunately we can’t complete this project without our friend the carpenter whom I now refer to as “The Viking”.
#74 and #75 After months of waiting to tile the new bathrooms, we have a tile contractor who will start soon and hopefully finish before Christmas.
#86 I’m on a weight loss regimen which I hope will accrue me 5 more pounds before the end of the year. That in itself would certainly help my wardrobe situation (#33).
Here’s the entire list:
- Paint upstairs hall. Complete! 9/28/2014
- Hang photos in upstairs hall.
- Take dance lessons.
- Get video camera and upgrade blog.
- Install stair runner.
- Host five game nights.
- Host five other parties/get-togethers: Thanksgiving Breakfast Get-together, Christmas Dinner 2014
- Host one New Year’s Eve Party. Complete! 12/31/2014
- Host a dinner party for 8.
- Organize trip to the Dominican Republic.
- Work on family recipe book.
- Eat vegan for one week.
- Host a swap meet.
- Host a tea party for my Birthday.
- Host a book club.
- Find a waterfall.
- See the Southern Cross in person.
- Make bread.
- Make mayonnaise. Complete! 8/27/2014
- Make a local restaurant list of at least 10 items:
Dougherty’sBon FrescoPetit LouisCoal FireMission Barbecue
Maria’s Bajas Taqueria
- Visit the Grand Canyon.
- Say “yes” to everything for a whole day.
- Do an anonymous favor.
- Go to the beach for a long weekend.
- Take 3 Bible studies: The Journey to Christmas, 24 Hours That Changed the World, Restless, Momentum, Jeremiah
- Host a scavenger hunt.
- Make a month’s worth of meals one weekend.
- Put a note somewhere (like in a book) for a stranger to find.
- Make a home maintenance calendar.
- Set blogging goals.
- Comment on 50 blogs. Complete! 10/30/2014
- Get an iPod or mp3 player.
- Work on wardrobe, buy what I need, get rid of what I don’t, make a list of everything.
- Have a colonoscopy. Complete! 5/22/2015
- Sort out things in attic by attaching children’s names, give away, sell, etc.
- Learn to copyright (watermark) photos.
- Complete legacy file.
- Make a photo album of Mommie.
- Paint some canvasses.
- Chapel in the yard at The Glade.
- Ride on a Vespa.
- Treat a friend to lunch.
- Locate and catalog local thrift stores.
- Design master bedroom décor and coordinate master bath. Complete! 11/1/2015
- Develop a cleaning schedule.
- Dermatologist for major renovation.
- Write a novel based on work.
- Increase net worth by 25%. Up 8% 11/22/2015
- Organize etiquette books. Complete! 4/15/2015
- Read Bible daily –Read Bible in 1 year.
- Have right knee problem corrected. Complete! 1/29/2015
- Establish a gym workout for 5 days a week. Complete! 11/23/2015 Just finishing my 3rd consecutive month at the gym 5 days per week.
- Theatre weekend in NYC.
- Visit Statue of Liberty.
- Paint landscapes/seascapes on canvas/wood.
- Take a cruise.
- Memorize a poem.
- Make a household inventory with photos.
- Finish laundry room.
- Give heirlooms to children.
- Finish painting trim in pink bedroom.
- Make a master menu for 14 days of meals.
- Wash all the windows in the house.
- Paint dining room table – finish sanding, prime and paint.
- Paint kitchen table or build new one.
- Totally organize pink bathroom. Complete! 10/15/2014
- Renew passport 2015. Complete! 1/10/2015
- Do the weekly challenges at UnF your Habitat.
- Use my God box.
- Build bench for mudroom.
- Build shelves in master bedroom.
- Paint the master bedroom. Complete! 9/7/2014
- Get a smartphone.
- Tile the conservatory bathroom
- Tile the master bathroom
- Get a new car Complete! 4/28/2015
- Landscape the front yard
- Read 5 biographies
- Read 5 classics
- See 3 concerts: Beatlemania, Four Seasons (Vivaldi), John Williams, The Music of Led Zeppelin, 3 Army concerts including 1812 Overture Complete! 5/29/2015
- Design Etsy signature packaging.
- Fund my Revocable Trust.
- Spend an afternoon at a botanical garden.
- Get rid of rubble pile and grade driveway.
- Have dinner by candlelight.
- Achieve my personal weight goal. Down 5 pounds 11/23/15
- Send anonymous flowers to someone.
- Give a 100% tip.
- Get rid of 5 big items from the house.
Old sewing machine Kitchen cabinets Old books Foosball table Doll house
- Build a beautiful master closet.
- Rent Cottage.
- Design and print business cards.
- Celebrate our 5th anniversary. Complete! 9/12/2014
- Organize cookbooks.
- Hang gallery wall in kitchen hall. Complete! 10/29/2014
- Organize papers, bills, and contracts from renovation.
- Apply to county for tax abatement due to renovation. Complete! 11/7/2014
- Take car for a tune up. Complete! 9/17/2014
- Detail my car.
- Drink a glass of water every morning. Now that I’m back at the gym 5 days a week I always drink at least 16 ounces before work.
I have about 500 days left on this list. I hope I make some headway soon.
What would be Number 1 on your “101 in 1001” list?