I ordered my master bathroom double sink vanity from Pottery Barn on July 2nd and was told in September it was no longer available.
Ever since then I have been on a quest for something similar. Unfortunately I have not been successful in that vein.
First issue is that I need a bottom area that with a little manipulation will hide the heat vent under the vanity so something with ball feet or a lot of open space would not suffice.
I did an image search for “driftwood double vanity” because I like the generally greyish finish of driftwood. There it was. A French casement style vanity in my price range in a variety of finishes with a variety of countertop selections.
I have settled on white Carrara marble since the floor will also be marble but I have 2 choices of thickness:
- 3/4 inches (2 cm) thick with an ogee edge OR
- 1-1/2 inches (4 cm) thick with an eased square edge. (More like the Restoration Hardware model.)
Pros and cons:
- The ogee edge is more decorative but is it prone to chipping?
- The thicker piece has a simple edge but is much heavier. (Twice as heavy?)
- My dressing table which will ultimately be in the bathroom has an ogee edge.
- Our bedroom side tables have ogee edges.
Which would you choose?