Since the list for May was so successful (half-completion is success to me) I thought I’d try a list for June. The purpose of the list is to keep me on task. When I have the time and energy to work on something, I don’t have to think about what to work on, I just go to the list.
Everything on the list is something I must personally:
- do or
- pay for or
Some items are left over from the May list but others are due to progress we’ve made in areas of the house.
- Mix paint for linen closet
- Prime and paint linen closet
- Paint TV trays
- Paint dining room paneling
Buy wallpaper or fabric for dining room.I have decided instead to paint the top of the wall denim. If I do find wall paper or fabric that is superior I can always apply it over the paint.
- Paint and set up potager fence
- Arrange bedroom furniture
- Hang pictures in upstairs hall
- Paint yellow trays
- Find pale pink cotton king-sized sheets for a reasonable price – this may be an ongoing search. Apparently pale pink is out right now.
Design book shelves –Paint and install bookshelves in master bedroom.
- Trim island toe kick and stain
- Varnish shoe molding
- Paint trim with spray painter
- Install trim
- Stain the back stairs to the conservatory
- Buy exterior paint for the shingles
- Door knobs for the new doors
- Take the road trip postponed from April
This should keep us busy. Charlie, of course, is ever-committed to his garden so by the end of June we should be eating some fresh veg. (We are already harvesting radishes and their greens.)
What’s your first priority in June? Please don’t say a month at the beach.