I am a list maker! I even have encouraged Charlie to start making his own lists (which he does and now suggests others do the same). So I’m a big fan of listing. This newest list is called: “Items I want to look for at the Vintage/Salvage Yards”.
1. Interior doors – Can you believe the structural engineer who works with my architect actually made a listing of doors needed for the new design and numbered about 10 interior hollow core doors. The Glade does NOT have hollow core doors.
2. Piece of furniture for a bathroom vanity. I would love something vintage that we can refinish and reconfigure.
3. Shutters for the new windows. We probably have sufficient shutters for the full-size windows but the smaller casement windows (over the counters in the kitchen and bathrooms) will also need shutters. We should be able to find appropriate ones at a salvage yard since they usually have lots of old shutters.
4. Bird’s eye windows. I really like our design decision to repeat the bird’s eye window (which is in the current bathroom) in the two new bathrooms. We’ve been looking for a while for round windows exactly like ours but have not yet been successful.
5. French double doors. We are planning to have a pair of interior French doors and two pairs of exterior ones as well. The interior ones, at least, should be of a vintage variety. Let’s see what we can find.
6. Lighting fixtures for closets, bathrooms, hallways. We want to find something unique and vintage at a really good price. We know how to rewire and refurbish.
The hunt is on!
What do you seek?