When I get the urge to DO SOMETHING, often I get stopped by CLUTTER. For example I started painting the interior walls of Glade Cottage and ended up filling it with yard sale stuff so I can’t even get near the walls. Thus, painting the Cottage is on the back burner.
Hmmm, what can I paint? How about the little bedroom? This is one of the few rooms that won’t be impacted by a renovation except that we’ll probably have to store everything we own in there. HA! OK, what’s the plan?
- Paint the bedroom pink to tie it to the bathroom. The color I’ve picked is Benjamin Moore’s Affinity Color: Head Over Heels. My color palette color is below with a scan of the actual swatch above it. (I have registered with Valspar to get a free sample of paint and a $5 coupon so that’s probably the brand I’ll use.)
- Also, give the ceiling a fresh coat of paint (probably white — Queen’s Lace is my white of choice for ceilings and trim) I ordered a sample of Pond Moss from Valspar. Maybe that would be interesting on the ceiling. I think it’s a lot like the color below (except maybe lighter) from my whole house palette.
- Paint the trim (also QL)
- I’d also like to fit the bottom half of the window with an interior shutter in place of the current yellow curtains which were made from a sheet hung up in a hurry one weekend to give a guest added privacy.
- Maybe I can come up with a better closet door than the present sliding panels. The difficulty is that you can only get into half the closet at a time. (In the picture below you’re looking from the bedroom into the closet on the left and through the door into the hall.)
- Make the door and the upper closet doors fit so they can close and
- adjust the door knob so it doesn’t continue to fall off each time the door is closed.
Here’s the before photo of the bedroom now yellow.
Even this little room has a lot of challenges: clutter and furniture to remove, picture holes on the wall to fill, chair upholstery to re-do, bookshelf to paint.
Do I really want to get involved in this BIG little project? I am patient and I have nothing but time. Updates as they happen.