Since I’m updating the Master List I also want to focus on the Cottage’s list of projects which I detailed here.
So what’s next and what’s left? What’s the goal?
The goal is to make the Cottage liveable, that is, clear out all the in-progress projects, clear out extraneous furniture, have all the systems (heating, plumbing, air conditioning, etc.) working optimally. If we ever get our renovation started we might need to live in the cottage while the walls are torn out of the house. OR we might need to store new windows and doors under cover. OR we could rent it to bring in some funds to help with expenses.
Everything is predicated on the concept that Glade Cottage is liveable. To that end I’m renaming the Sub-Master List: The Cottage Clean Sweeep File.
And here’s where the “to-do” list stands.
- Finish refinishing tall chest of drawers and remove from cottage
- Paint wooden lamp and find a shade
- Paint standing shell lamp
- Paint and repair shade on double desk lamp
- Paint and find a shade for ceramic lamp
- Repair drafting table
- Repair drafting lamp
- Get rid of foam peanuts
- Get rid of old blankets
- Paint 2nd half of ceiling
- Refinish floor
- Finish floor seam under bathroom sink
- Rehang ceiling drop coth
- Get mice deterrents
- Refinish vintage lawn furniture
- Organize paint
- Remove boxes of old papers from attic
- Hang curtain over window with air conditioner
- Build lean-to shed for lawn mower, power washer and generator
- Move metal shelving from shed to Cottage laundry
- Get rid of old clothes
- Move lumber and sheetrock
- Recover 2nd black card table
- Recover old folding chair
- Redo rolling barrel chair
- Assign a place for mirrors
- Pack up or sell dishes and glasses
- Pack up or sell old silver pieces
- Clean old papers from safe
- Open then get rid of outside safe
This is just the list off the top of my head. I haven’t even thought about showing it to Charlie yet. He’s a detail man, you see, and I’m the “big picture” executive producer. Can wait to get
What’s on your agenda of unnecessary tasks?