1. A box from the attic of son’s old award ribbons from horse shows and swim meets.
2. A man’s suit with short arms, a big body and scratchy fabric. No one around here is going to wear something like that even if it’s clean (which it isn’t).
3. Film screen stand from which the actual screen has been removed. Could it be more useless.
4. A pile of old metal scrap including an outside TV antenna.
5. An ice shaver (which I thought was a juicer. But no, it says ice shaver on the underside.)
6. A large box of scripts from plays and musicals that I worked on in the 1970s and 80s. Humiliating to have saved it for all these years JUST IN CASE.
7. Our favorite smoothie mixing wand (which Charlie tried to fix by whacking it on the stone terrace).
8. A laptop computer purchased in 2000. Obsolete and sooooo out of here.
9. Old leather briefcase.
10. And a dozen boxes of old papers from the 90s and before.
Phew! 30 down, 20 to go.
Have you wandered into your attic (or basement) storage recently? What did you find? Was it overwhelming?